Wednesday, April 28, 2004

Washing & reading

ahhh...the dulcet tones of my new Bosch washing machine. So quiet. So watertight (the last one was a bit leaky). It's even got a digital countdown and lots of other nifty features. Like words that make sense instead of pictures that don't. Not quite F&P (you can't get their washing machines here, although I have seen a very expensive dishdrawer in John Lewis).

I'm reading and enjoying the Penguin History of New Zealand at the moment (the enjoying bit might be a first for a history book, I think). It's so well written, such an easy, almost conversational style, while still doing justice to the subject - I'd highly recommend it. I was shocked, though, to discover that Michael King had been killed in a car accident - what a tremendous loss for NZ.

In fact, I think I'll get back to it now...altogether too much computer today.