Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Frenzy?

The run up to Christmas seems to be passing me by this year. I'm surrounded by last-minute panickers, but am unmoved to get in on the act.

A faraway destination for Christmas parcels certainly helps - dad took all my presents back with him earlier this month, so no last-minute shopping required. Food-wise, I just have to make a trifle. Which, if it lives up to its name, should be fairly straightforward. It's winter solstice tomorrow, though. That might be a day (night?) for cooking up a big feed...

In general, I think I'm just waiting around for the year to be over. 2005, despite high points (visits from far-flung whanau, a stimulating new job, producing my first proper film), has been a stinker. I really, really hope that the new year will bring happier times.

No comments: