Monday, January 23, 2006

what's been happening

Well, we've all just about survived the most depressing day of the year.

Otherwise, not much. I've been:

Watching:
  • too much TV (curse those programmers and their new season schedules). I also blame digital TV for giving me 3 chances every week to catch ER etc.
  • A Bittersweet Life - extremely bloody, visceral, satisfying, cinematic Korean mob movie. Was pleased to see it was made by bom productions, whom I had met at the Busan film festival a few years back, and organised a NZ recce for.
  • Match Point. Ridiculous. Nothing else to say about it. A liked it (or liked Scarlett in it?)
Reading:
Eating:
  • Breadmaker bread. Yeah, I know. Very 1999. But there's never any good French bread left at the deli by the end of the day, and regular bread in the UK is worse than awful chemical gunk, which stays on the shelves for days, so never fresh despite all the preservatives. My uncle gave me an old one of his that he doesn't use at Christmas time, and I haven't looked back. Loaves aren't very loaf-shaped, but taste good.
  • Making up for my misshapen bread are a series of perfectly loaf-shaped cakes - gingerbread last week, marmalade cake the week before. I'm working my way through Nige's Kitchen Diaries
Listening to:
  • Belle & Sebastian - live last week (chaperoning some 13 yr-olds to their first gig) and on my ipod since
  • Podcasts - Nature, Jon Snow, Ricky Gervais so far
  • more, generally, since apple replaced my ailing ipod battery

No comments: