Thursday, July 31, 2003

Work

ah yes. Until quite recently, a distant memory. Now a daily reality for both of us. For those who have been asking, here's what we do (sort of, anyway):

Andrew is a senior analyst/programmer (still figuring out what that means) for Intelligent Finance. He works in an open plan office the size of a football field or two, and has daily Dilbert moments - lots of office politics and territorialism. There are two other kiwis on the football field - one of whom was a year above me at EGGS. Small world.

I am the campaign & events co-ordinator for the Scottish Adult Learning Partnership (yes, I work for another acronym - SALP), a voluntary org that does a bunch of stuff to get people who wouldn't normally be interested or able, into learning. I work in an attic, but reception, the photocopier and other useful things are at the bottom of the building. I spend a lot of time going up and down stairs, trying to cajole the receptionist into ordering me stationery (just asking nicely doesn't seem to work, for some reason).

All those stairs have worn me out today - I think it's time for bed.

No comments: